Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Families Can Be Together Forever



 The Parrish Family
                                                                        Picture used with permission Samantha Little Photography
Tears have been flowing freely today.
 Monday's are a special day!
 P-Day is the most anticipated day of the week. Each week tens of thousands of parents eagerly check their e-mails to see if their missionaries have written. Today was no exception.
 As I was reading Sister Harris's e-mail I received word that the Bill Parrish Family from my hometown had passed away in a tragic accident of carbon monoxide poisoning. It is often called the silent killer because it is hard to detect. It is colorless, odorless and tasteless. 
 Bill, his wife and two sons sadly left this earth life but I have no doubt family members that have passed greeted them with great excitement! They are home with our Heavenly Father.
 I also learned that they have a son and daughter serving missions for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Whenever, you see handsome young men in white shirts and beautiful young ladies smartly dressed with black name tags they are representatives of Jesus Christ. They are actively searching and Preaching His Gospel. 
I know that I am not the only missionary mom that shed tears, the kind that won't stop.  So, grateful for the Plan of Happiness and the Atonement. We lived with our Father in Heaven and chose to come to earth to gain earthly experience. We have our agency to choose, right or wrong. Our older brother Jesus Christ suffered the sins of all mankind because of his love for us. That we might return and live in our Father's Kingdom united as families forever. Our beautiful earth is dotted with Temples that we make and keep sacred covenants in. We are sealed to our families in these Holy Houses so that we can be together forever.  We partake of the sacrament each week to renew our baptismal covenants. Our faith at some time or other will be tested.  There will always be a way home!  Love, Kindness and Service will triumph every time! Hugs always help.
My heart feels for their son and daughter! The entire family!
 I'm sure thousands of prayers have been sent heavenward on their behalf. 
When something like this happens people rally together for a common good. We rally in our love and memories of the those who have served us and helped us along the way. 
I have been away from home for a long time and this is one of my memories.
My little daughters are always asking me to tell stories. They love to hear true stories about family members. 
I have a story to tell Sister Parrish and Elder Parrish.

I am from Pocatello, Idaho born and raised. I went to school with your Aunt Carrie. Can you say cute dimples:) Your Dad's Uncle Rodney was our Ft. Hall Branch President. A tall, jolly fun man always wearing a bolo tie. I adored him in my youth he had red hair just like my dad. My mother is Native American and our family had the opportunity to attend both the branch and our ward. So thankful!
Okay, my teeth are not my strongest asset. I'll blame my Dad!  Here is where your Dad comes in:) He had just finished dental school and started working on the reservation. I had a MISERABLE tooth that no dentist could help me with. I went to the Ft.Hall clinic and expressed my concerns that this tooth was causing severe pain! I told your Dad that no amount of Novocaine was working. He listened and assured me it would be okay.  He gave me a shot than had me wait for the pain medication to kick in.  He would come back, blow cold air on it and repeat the process over and over.  Nothing, still in pain!  Finally, I could tell he was getting slightly frustrated with this silly tooth. I'm thinking I'm going to be in pain forever! Than he said, I will be right back! I do not know this for a fact but my impression was that he went to say a prayer. I was hoping he was asking for help. I said a prayer too! He came back and said he was going to try one more thing. He called everyone in to watch. Whatever he did everyone went squirmy with audible noises. It HURT but it worked!!!! My tooth went numb!!! YAY!!!!!! He was able to do my dental work and I have never had a problem with that tooth again. I am thankful for a kind dentist who did not give up on a patient that really needed his help. I am thankful to your Dad. I'm sure you will be hearing stories like this over and over again! A giant of a man!He will be greatly missed.
With love and aloha,  Your Sister Valerie Barlow Harris
 It is true Families Can Be Together Forever!

                                                        Picture used with permission Samantha Little Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment